Parking Lot
Life bursted forth from the forest
Quietly I took it all in
At the crest of the hill
I saw two worlds unveiled
One of frigid black asphalt
The other of untamed green
I am of the obsidian world
But the other called upon me
So wildly...
So passionately...
It spoke to me in a language
My heart and soul understood
Yet I remained unmoved at the edge
Afraid of something...
Of what?
I do not know...
Some horrible shadow
That slinks in and out of my mind
I want to walk into the wild
But I would not... I could not
I closed my eyes...
Let go...
I stood up...
Drove off...
Quietly I took it all in
At the crest of the hill
I saw two worlds unveiled
One of frigid black asphalt
The other of untamed green
I am of the obsidian world
But the other called upon me
So wildly...
So passionately...
It spoke to me in a language
My heart and soul understood
Yet I remained unmoved at the edge
Afraid of something...
Of what?
I do not know...
Some horrible shadow
That slinks in and out of my mind
I want to walk into the wild
But I would not... I could not
I closed my eyes...
Let go...
I stood up...
Drove off...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home